Working with the information provided by you, Blurb Writer will produce text suitable for use as a cover blurb, back cover copy, promotional copy, dust jacket copy, front flap copy and/or product description. The completed copy belongs solely to you with no further claims due to Blurb Writer. Don’t see what you need? Contact Blurb Writer and we’ll see what we can do for you!
Blurbs, Cover Copy
Note: Please specify in the Additional Information section on the work sheet if your blurb must meet specific standards when it comes to number of words or characters.
- Standard Fiction blurb/cover copy creation from data supplied on Standard Fiction Work Order, average 125-250 words: $35. Click here to see an example.
- Extended Fiction blurb/cover copy creation from data supplied on Extended Fiction Work Order: $50 Best suited for series or authors with multiple related books. This will include a portion that’s suitable for use as cover copy on a printed book, as well as a short author bio. Click here to see an example.
- Standard Non-Fiction blurb/cover copy creation from data supplied on Non-Fiction Work Order: $50. This includes a short author bio. Click here to see an example.
- Short version of blurb: Price varies. Some distributors, such as Smashwords or some book promotion sites, require a description to be fewer than a specific number of words or characters (e.g. Smashwords requires a blurb under 400 characters). If you are commissioning a standard blurb (fiction, extended fiction, or non-fiction), the short version of that same blurb is an additional $15 (total $50 for blurb + short blurb). Short version alone is $35.
- Blurb creation from reading full manuscript, average 125-250 words: $1.50 (USD) per manuscript page or partial manuscript page in standard manuscript format (double spaced, 1” margins all around, Times New Roman 12 pt. font), with a minimum fee of $40. Example: 250 page manuscript in standard format x $1.50 per page = $375.00). Contact Blurb Writer for price quote and availability.
Tagline, log lines, tweets. Click here for examples.
Taglines: $15 each. Examples: One overall tagline for the series would be $15. One tagline for each of four books in a boxed set = $60 ($15 x 4). Taglines are 10-15 words. Use the Tagline Work Order
Log Lines: $20 each. Each log line is 15-30 words. Use the Tagline Work Order
Tweets: $15 each. Specify if you will be including a hashtag or other info. Tweets will only be created for you, not tweeted. Please specify if the tweet should be under 140 characters or allows up to 280 characters total. Use the Tagline Work Order
Author biography from data supplied on Author Bio Work Order. Includes both a long and a short version: $40
All payments are made through PayPal. At the time the commission is accepted an invoice will be sent to you from PayPal (info@BlurbWriter.com). Payment can be made from a PayPal account, credit card, or through your bank. Work will begin once payment has been received.
Timelines for delivery will vary but is generally 7-10 business days from date of payment. Need it sooner? Rush jobs can usually be accommodated, but will incur additional fees. Rush jobs cannot be accommodated in conjunction with full reads.
- Delivery within 48 hours of date/time of payment: Standard fees + $10.00 rush fee
- Delivery within 24 hours of date/time of payment: Standard fees + $20 rush fee
A delivery date for the work will be discussed at the time the Work Order is received, prior to requirement of payment. If you have special requirements, please mention them in the “additional notes” section of the work order. Ability to accommodate rush jobs is not guaranteed.
The Work Order can be cancelled at any time prior to payment being received. Once payment is received and work begins, there will be no refunds.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
All pricing assumes delivery from Client of sufficient information to produce a blurb (a.k.a. “back cover copy”, “promotional copy”, “dust jacket copy”, “flap copy”, to be called a “blurb” for the purposes of these terms and conditions), or author bio, or other product agreed upon by Client and Blurb Writer. Any additional information needed will be discussed prior to work being completed.
Clients who submit work to Blurb Writer signify that they are the author of the submitted work, hold the rights to the work, or are authorized by the creator of the work to commission creation of blurb copy for the work. Clients agree that once a payment for services is made by the Client and accepted by Blurb Writer, a contract has been agreed upon and there is no refund for services. All sales are non-refundable and final.
Blurb Writer will deliver a clean copy for review, but Client holds ultimate responsibility to proof the work. One round of revision is permitted in above costs. Additional revisions may incur additional charges depending on extent required. Copy will be delivered in a Word document (.doc format) or as an inline message, in an email, whichever the Client prefers.
Blurb Writer does NOT retain client information/files once the transaction has been completed. All files will be the property of the Client and as such, must be backed-up/saved on the client’s servers.
Client will own the blurb, author bio, or other completed product , but Blurb Writer requests a listing on the copyright page as creator of the copy when the product is used as part of a book, whether in print or electronic book (e-book), along the lines of Cover Copy created by BlurbWriter.com . Blurb Writer retains the right to include the image of your cover and/or the completed product, in whole or in part, as part of our portfolio to be showcased on our website or used for Blurb Writer’s promotional purposes or used as examples in other non-fiction works by Blurb Writer owner, without any remuneration to the author. Payment for services assumes agreement with this practice.
Blurb Writer services are not a guarantee for publication or an offer of representation and makes no guarantee that copy created will ensure improved sales, cause work to be accepted by an agent or publisher, or that a manuscript will be published.
Blurb Writer makes no promises–implicit or implied–beyond what is spelled out in this Web site, which serves as our contract.
Clicking on “I have read the Terms & Conditions” on the Work Order acknowledges the Client has read and accepts these Terms & Conditions and serves the purpose of a signature on a contract.